The Examination of the draft Development Consent Order closed on 3 October. Here is our summary of case based on 11 issues of concern. Submitted to the Planning Inspectorate on 25 September 2019. See also Our Case page.
NEWS RELEASE: Fate of Stonehenge World Heritage Site in the balance! – 2 October 2019
Recordings of Issue Specific and Open Floor Hearings (Planning Inspectorate Site)
Timeline of Stonehenge Alliance written representations and other submissions
The following links take you to our documents on the Planning Inspectorate library
- 2027 Planned completion date for scheme
- 2021 Planned start on site (may be delayed)
- 2020 June 25-26 – Stonehenge Alliance and a Consortium of specialist archaeologists write to SoS for Transport about implications of major new archaeological find in WHS
- 2020 May 27-28 – Stonehenge Alliance and Council for British Archaeology comment to SoS on responses from Highways England, Historic England, and Wiltshire Council
- 2020 May 18 – all responses published on Infrastructure Planning website
- 2020 May 16 – SA also responds with comments
- 2020 May 4 – SoS for Transport asks for comments and information from Highways England, Historic England and Natural England
- 2020 – 29 April – Transport Secretary announced Decision delayed until 17 July 2020
- 2020 – 2 April – Expected Decision by Secretary of State for Transport
- 2020 – 12 March – The Stonehenge Alliance reacts to Chancellor’s budget announcement on 11 March
- 2020 – 2 January – Examining Authority’s Report and Recommendation sent to Secretary of State for Transport
- 2019 – 2 October – Examination ends
- 2019 – 3 April – Start of Examination of Scheme
- 2019 – 2 April – Examining Authority’s Preliminary Meeting for interested parties
- 2019 – 14 December – Final date to register as an Interested Party
- 17 May 2019 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate concerning information still missing
- 2019 April 17 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate : concerning Hydrogeological reports, Groundwater Monitoring & Modelling reports
- 2019 January 30 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate: concerning lack of relevant information
- 2019 January 30 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate : concerning lack of critical information from Environment Agency
- 2019 January 10 – Stonehenge Alliance representation – accepted
- 2018 December 14 – Stonehenge Alliance to Jesse Norman, Minister of Transport: concerning limited registration period
- 2018 – 16 November – Planning application accepted by Planning Inspectorate. The timescale will be published and people can register to become an “Interested Party” by making a “Relevant Representation”.
Deadline 1 Submission – Suggestions for sites to include in itinerary for Accompanied Site Inspection on 21 May 2019
Deadline 1 Submission – Highways England: Response to Stonehenge Alliance concerning missing information
Deadline 2 Submission – Introduction to Case
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 1 Alternatives Dr. Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil. and George McDonic, MBE, BL, DIPLTP, DPA, FFB
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 4 Biodiversity, Biological Environment and Ecology Dr. Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil., with advice of Tracé Williams, MSc., BSc.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principle Issue 7 Flood Risk groundwater protection Dr George Reeves, CGeol, CEnv, PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons), FGS, FIMMM
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 9 Heritage and the Historic Environment Dr Kate Fielden, BA., D.Phil.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 10 Landscape and Visual Aspects of the LVIA Andy Norfolk, MSc, Dip.L.A
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 11 Noise and Vibration (Tranquillity) Clive Bentley, BSc (Hons), CEnv, CSci., MCIEH, MIEnvSc. MIOA
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 11 Vibration from tunnel boring Rupert Thornely-Taylor, FIOA
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 13 Transport Planning and Economics Issues Dr Simon Temple, BSc, MSc, D.Phil.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on the Cultural Heritage Value Report Alan James, MA, BSc.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Concerns about consultation on the Scheme Dr Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil.