Continuing our slide presentation “WHAT IS PLANNED”, Part Two is a summary description of the construction of the tunnel, spoil and what happens to the spoil based on information presented to the Examination. Scroll through the slides below.
Scroll through slides using the arrows at the side of the image above.
Video of slide show available below
Missed Part One? Catch up here: Part One The Components
Credits, references and sources
Image credits: Images have been based on material published by Highways England unless stated otherwise. Some labels have been added for clarification.
- Environmental Statement Chapter 2: The scheme – Highways England, October 2018
- Environmental Statement Chapter 2: Figure 2.7 Construction layout – Highways England, October 2018
- Examining Authority’s Report of Findings and Conclusions and Recommendation to the Secretary of State for Transport – Planning Inspectorate, 2 January 2020
- HS2 Launches its first TBM as tunnelling begins in the Chilterns – New Civil Engineer, 13 May 2021
- Work begins boring first HS2 tunnel under Chiltern Hills – The Guardian, 13 May 2021
- HS2 high-speed rail project begins underground tunnel – BBC News, 13 May 2021
- APP-040 6.2 Environmental statement Ch 2 – The proposed scheme. paras: 2.3.17-2.3.18, 2.4.8 , 2.4.1 – 2.4.3, 2.4.12 – 2.4.14, 2.4.17 – 2.4.20, and 2.4.52 to 2.4.56, – Highways England, October 2018
- APP-285 6.3 Environmental statement Appendices. Appendix 12.1 – Tunnel arisings management strategy para.1.1.3 and para.3.3.12- 3.3.14 – Highways England, 2018
- APP-285 6.3 Environmental statement Appendices. Appendix 12.1 – Tunnel arisings management strategy. Appendix A, Traffic movements – Highways England, 2018
- APP-285 6.3 Environmental statement Appendices. Appendix 12.1 – Tunnel arisings management strategy Table 3.3 and para.3.3.2 – Highways England, 2018
- History of Silbury Hill – English Heritage, accessed May 2021
- Research News – Winter 2008-09, p5 – Historic England (formerly English Heritage)
- APP-046 6.1 Environmental statement Chapter 8 – Biodiversity, 8.9.54 to 8.9.57– Highways England, 2018
- REP7-011 A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down 8 Deadline 7 8.6(1) – Statement of Common Ground p.8, Table 3.1, Issue ref. 3.6 – Natural England, 2019
- APP-046 6l1 Environmental statement CH 8 – Biodiversity 8.8.14-21 – Highways England, 2018
- REP2a-005 Council for British Archaeology, Deadline 2a Submission – Supplementary observations arising from material deposited for Deadlines 1 & 2 Part A – Archaeological survey reports and draft mitigation strategy, pp. 13-14 – Council for British Archaeology, 2019
CAN YOU WE STILL HAVE SUBSTANTIAL SUM TO RAISE. CAN YOU SUPPORT SAVE STONEHENGE WORLD HERITAGE SITE APPEAL?
The Stonehenge Alliance has campaigned against the A303 Stonehenge Expressway for many years and supports the Save Stonehenge WHS legal challenge to the road scheme. Please note: the Stonehenge Alliance has no connection with any other protest groups involved in direct action against A303 Stonehenge. More about us.Please share