The Examination of the draft Development Consent Order closed on 3 October. The twice postponed decision by the Secretary of State is due on 13 November 2020.
- Overview of Scheme (Planning Inspectorate site)
- Examination library with reference numbers (Planning inspectorate site)
- The planning process explained: An overview of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP)
- Recordings of Issue Specific and Open Floor Hearings (Planning Inspectorate Site)
Timeline: Stonehenge Alliance written representations and other submissions
See also page summary of Our Case
The links on the timeline take you to our documents on the Planning Inspectorate library
- 2025 to 2030 – New window for scheme completion
- 2022-23 – Expected postponed start on site
- 2020 November 13 – Deadline set for decision by Transport Secretary
- 2020 September 28 – Dept for Transport invitation to key players for comments on responses
- 2020 August 13 – Stonehenge Alliance response to consultation on Late Neolithic Pit Structures and response from consortium of archaeologists and the Blick Mead project team
- 2020 July 17 – Decision by Transport Secretary (delayed)
- 2020 July 16 – SoS requests further information and consults on Late Neolithic Pit Structures
- 2020 June 25-26 – Stonehenge Alliance and a Consortium of specialist archaeologists write to SoS for Transport about implications of major new archaeological find in WHS
- 2020 May 28 – Stonehenge Alliance to Secretary of State for Transport: response to queries of 4 May 2020
- 2020 May 27-28 – Stonehenge Alliance and Council for British Archaeology comment to SoS on responses from Highways England, Historic England, and Wiltshire Council
- 2020 May 18 – all responses published on Infrastructure Planning website
- 2020 May 16 – SA also responds with comments
- 2020 May 4 – SoS for Transport asks for comments and information from Highways England, Historic England and Natural England
- 2020 29 April – Transport Secretary announced Decision delayed until 17 July 2020
- 2020 2 April – Expected Decision by Secretary of State for Transport
- 2020 12 March – The Stonehenge Alliance reacts to Chancellor’s budget announcement on 11 March
- 2020 2 January – Examining Authority’s Report and Recommendation sent to Secretary of State for Transport
- 2019 2 October – Examination ends
- 2019 September 25 – Our summary of case submitted to the Planning Inspectorate
- 2019 3 April – Start of Examination of Scheme
- 2019 2 April – Examining Authority’s Preliminary Meeting for interested parties
- 2019 14 December – Final date to register as an Interested Party
- 17 May 2019 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate concerning information still missing
- 2019 April 17 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate : concerning Hydrogeological reports, Groundwater Monitoring & Modelling reports
- 2019 January 30 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate: concerning lack of relevant information
- 2019 January 30 – Stonehenge Alliance to Planning Inspectorate : concerning lack of critical information from Environment Agency
- 2019 January 10 – Stonehenge Alliance representation – accepted
- 2018 December 14 – Stonehenge Alliance to Jesse Norman, Minister of Transport: concerning limited registration period
- 2018 – 16 November – Planning application accepted by Planning Inspectorate. The timescale will be published and people can register to become an “Interested Party” by making a “Relevant Representation”.
Deadline 1 Submission – Suggestions for sites to include in itinerary for Accompanied Site Inspection on 21 May 2019
Deadline 1 Submission – Highways England: Response to Stonehenge Alliance concerning missing information
Deadline 2 Submission – Introduction to Case
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 1 Alternatives Dr. Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil. and George McDonic, MBE, BL, DIPLTP, DPA, FFB
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 4 Biodiversity, Biological Environment and Ecology Dr. Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil., with advice of Tracé Williams, MSc., BSc.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principle Issue 7 Flood Risk groundwater protection Dr George Reeves, CGeol, CEnv, PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons), FGS, FIMMM
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 9 Heritage and the Historic Environment Dr Kate Fielden, BA., D.Phil.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 10 Landscape and Visual Aspects of the LVIA Andy Norfolk, MSc, Dip.L.A
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 11 Noise and Vibration (Tranquillity) Clive Bentley, BSc (Hons), CEnv, CSci., MCIEH, MIEnvSc. MIOA
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 11 Vibration from tunnel boring Rupert Thornely-Taylor, FIOA
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Principal Issue 13 Transport Planning and Economics Issues Dr Simon Temple, BSc, MSc, D.Phil.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on the Cultural Heritage Value Report Alan James, MA, BSc.
Deadline 2 Submission – Written Representation on Concerns about consultation on the Scheme Dr Kate Fielden, BA, D.Phil.