View in full screen.
“WHAT IS PLANNED” Part One is the first of a series of summaries about the components of the Stonehenge A303 road widening scheme presented here as a video. You can also scroll through the slides below.
Scroll through slides using the arrows at the side of the image above.
Credits, references and sources
Image credits: Images have been based on material published by Highways England unless stated otherwise. Some labels have been added for clarification.
- Environmental statement Chapter 2: The scheme Highways England, October 2018
- Examining Authority’s Report of Findings and Conclusions and Recommendation to the Secretary of State for Transport Planning Inspectorate, 2 January 2020
- About the scheme Highways England (Accessed May 2021)
- A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down: Improving journeys, reuniting the Stonehenge landscape Booklet, Highways England, March 2019
- Strategic Road Network: Initial Report Highways England, December 2017
CAN YOU DONATE TO THE SAVE STONEHENGE WORLD HERITAGE SITE APPEAL?
The Stonehenge Alliance has campaigned against the A303 Stonehenge Expressway for many years and supports the Save Stonehenge WHS legal challenge to the road scheme. Please note: the Stonehenge Alliance has no connection with any other protest groups involved in direct action against A303 Stonehenge. More about us.