The Stonehenge Alliance opposes road-widening proposals that would severely damage Stonehenge World Heritage Site.
The combined total on 5 May 2020: 51,490
Please help us reach 60,000 signatures!
KINDLY NOTE: Since setting up the petition in 2014, we have learned more about the recently discovered Mesolithic site at Blick Mead. This has led us to consider that if Government insists on a tunnel under the WHS, it must be long enough to avoid the WHS and its setting altogether. This would be in line with planning policy and World Heritage Convention safeguards. We cannot change the wording but our intention to avoid further damage is clearly stated in the petition.
Please contact us if you have any difficulties with signing our petition. Email SaveStonehenge@gmail.com, DM on Twitter or PM on Facebook.
CAN YOU TAKE FURTHER ACTION?
- FOLLOW US – Follow our campaign on Facebook and Twitter. You can also sign up to our blogs which we publish at key moments in the campaign. Subscribe here
- PROMOTE OUR PETITION – Can you write a short feature promoting our petition? Do you write a blog, contribute to a magazine or journal, manage of Facebook page, write a travelogue, review for Trip Advisor or send out newsletters?
- WRITE TO YOUR MP – Can you write to your UK constituency MP making the same points as those in our petition? You find your MP here.
- WRITE TO UNESCO – You can write to support UNESCO’s objection to the scheme here where you can send or edit our draft email to let them know your position.
- PRINT THE PETITION – You can download hard copies of the petition and collect signatures here
PETITION IN OTHER LANGUAGES
If you would you like to see the petition in your language please email us here.
Please also visit our page about our International Reps